Andrew Wright’s Profile
Focusing on identifying and working with Technology based Startup’s and Operations, whose innovative technologies address current Business practical problems and the new operational concepts that these Technologies make possible.
With the ability to hit the ground running, a goal-focused professional with transferable skills in Planing and Strategy, general management, operations, process improvements and P/L responsibility, incorporating strong accounting, project management and IT implementation skills.
- Strategic, results-driven executive, commanding 15+ years of progressive success in Information Technology and financial environments.
- A Hands-on and Innovative professional with a track record of incorporating Information Technology into strategic visions, while maximizing returns and improving business processes/operations.
- A service-focus entrepreneur who demonstrates a unique combination of Information Technology, Business and Financial skills with the ability to communicate effectively to all team member, stakeholders and third-parties.
- Extensive exposure to working with, Managed Services Provision (MSP), Cloud Based Computing, Software as a Service (SAAS) and Microsoft technologies as well as in interoperability of management and operations.
- New venture to turnkey status, developed reporting and finance processes, preparing for the implementation of a new e-commerce and back office systems, estimated first year revenue £3 Million
- Back office transformation/ re-engineering, Accountancy and IT Structure.
- Initiated and implemented reviews of finance function for various companies, including Financial Controls and Management Information Systems.
- Assumed control of Finance Department under closure notice. Successfully re-organized and oversaw finance function for over 1 year, handing back to full time staff.
- Budget Review and re-apportionment in excess of £25 million.
- Developed Cost Accounting procedures for estimating cost of Vibrating White Finger and other long-term work related illnesses.
- Development of Overseas Sales Channels for Software House (USA, Canada, South Africa, & New Zealand)., percentage of Company’s income 70%
If asked to define myself, I would call myself an “Entrepreneurial Project Manager”.
The definition being derived from:
Project managers can have the responsibility of the planning, execution, and closing of any project, typically relating to construction industry, architecture, computer networking, telecommunications orsoftware development…………
………A project manager is the person accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives. Key project management responsibilities include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the triple constraint for projects, which is cost, time, and scope.
A project manager is often a client representative and has to determine and implement the exact needs of the client, based on knowledge of the firm they are representing. The ability to adapt to the various internal procedures of the contracting party, and to form close links with the nominated representatives, is essential in ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, quality and above all, client satisfaction, can be realized……
Distant Past: Born in the UK, spent early years living in the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Morocco, UAE, and United States. Completed education is the US, “BA Financial Economics” with an emphasis on Accountancy (can sit CPA exams in New England, whenever).
Started as a Trainee Accountant with Alfred Mc Alpines (Housing, Construction and Minerals) in the US and UK, prior to University and during Summer Vacations. After University joined Egerton Trust initially in the USA and then the UK (Nursing Homes, Property, Construction and Minerals), various roles; Land Buyer, Project Manager, Company Accountant, Special Projects (Management Information Systems, Mergers and Acquisitions, Restructuring/Recovery).
Left due to Property crash of 89/90.In the early 90’s, carried out several projects on interim basis for companies such as Shell Expro, Cable & Wireless, Carlton Group, Chevron, Berrymans Solicitors and Liverpool City Council.
These roles ranged from System implementation to Management Accounting projects to restructuring/rebuilding of Accounting teams. Culminating in the 1995 in a Phoenix project (Rising from the Ashes) role; restructuring/rebuilding of a Local Government Business Unit under Central Government Closure notice, which was successfully handed back to full time staff
In the late 90’s, I was one of the founders of a Software House, which initially concentrated on Y2K and then moved on to the development of Network Management Tools. Here, I was involved in the development of the company back office systems and the development and management of the overseas sales channels and lead the management of client rollouts.
For further information, please visit my VisualCV site
Originally, in 1999, I intended to undertake 12-18 month sabbatical to investigate new web based technologies, methodologies and concepts and understand how they can beneficial to business and more importantly how companies could incorporate them into their existing infrastructure. This lead to me to:
- Working with several start-up’s involved in various sectors
- Advising SME clients in diverse industries with recommendations, installation, user training, and system/network design.
- Building a successful practice through referrals from satisfied clients.
Currently in the process of emigrating to Canada and I am seeking interim roles in the UK and Europe and contract to permanent roles in Canada. I am also in the process of completing:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification; Completion of write up of hours and complete education requirements.
- House Building
- Nursing Homes
- Oil & Gas (Upstream & Trading)
- Local Government
- Business Services (IT, Legal, Advertising, Events, Accountancy)
- SAAS (Cloud Computing)
- Clean Tech
A copy of my CV can be viewed at VisualCV